Soooo, frozen yogurt isn’t always the healthiest choice BUT if you are watching what you eat and keeping moderation in mind then it is an healthier choice than ice cream.
Ice cream and frozen yogurt are both deliciously frozen treats but the difference is that ice cream contains at least 10% milk fat (aka the CREAM part). Frozen yogurt is made with cultured milk such as YOGURT.
But it is very easy to quickly turn frozen yogurt into a not so healthy option if we are trying to stick with our diets. Check out the next few tips below so you can stay in the safe zone:
- Toppings: Keep it light with cereal pieces or nuts. & don’t pass up that FRUIT. But stay away from the candies, syrups, and chewies!
- Cup Size: If you’re at home and scooping out of your own tub – grab a small cup. I like to stick with a 1/2 cup coffee mug. That way I know I wont over do it. AND DONT EAT STRAIGHT OUT OF THE CARTON! Not even one scoop! That’s just asking for trouble. If you’re at a Fro-Yo Self-Serve Business grab the smallest size. Sometimes businesses even have smaller sizes that aren’t on display. It doesn’t hurt to ask if they provide one!
- Prepare: If you are out and about and eating at a self-serve, get your cup weighed before you had the toppings. Try to limit yourself to 4 to 5 oz. Or limit yourself with a $4 amount. A good picture to have in your head is to keep the amount (including toppings) to a tennis ball size.
- Treat Yourself: Now we don’t have to go depriving ourselves! If you do decide to indulge in the candies or syrups keep it to a small amount. Or go for the dark chocolate chucks or shavings (I looooooove dark choco shavings!).
Hope these few tips help y’all out when you get the sweet tooth cravings! My personal indulgent lately: KEMP’s non-fat ‘Black Jack Cherry’ Frozen Yogurt which I pictured above in my itty bitty adorable coffee mug (you get this at any local grocery store!).
Stay healthy & happy!!
Nothing like going running in the freezing cold Chicago weather. Gettin’ my outdoor runs in before they are over.
So I am not big on the Black Friday Shopping. Did you guys hear about the shooting at a Kohl’s in Chicago?!?! Like when did people get so wild. My ma, sister, & I went out for about an hour and then we were OVER it. Got some Starbucks & headed home to cozy up on the couch and watch Elf (which is on my top 3 list of fav Christmas movies).
But we do like to participate in Small Business Saturday. Like seriously, how can we not help out the cute little stores on main street. So I decided to let you guys in on my SBS finds. My gorgeous Aztec sweater, I already have three others but I couldn’t pass up a good deal. & then a few stackable bracelets. (All pictured above)
Hope y’all got out this weekend & got your loved one some excellent Christmas presents with some sweet deals!
Now that were past Thanksgiving it’s time for me to get ready to look smokin’ in a New Years Dress I bought a few months ago. Now that’s enough motivation to get me into the workout mood! I don’t want anything to extreme because I know I will end up quitting that after a week. So here are my rules for December:
- Drink Water: I am terrible with this! I love my coffee but boy do I not get enough water in my day to day schedule. So I am GOING to drink more water. I currently own a Brita Soft Squeeze water bottle so my plan is to drink two bottles worth while at work during the day (I work 8-5 during the week so 1 bottle before lunch and 1 bottle after lunch is what I will aim for). Then I will also drink one bottle after 5 either through working out or with dinner. You can find the same water bottle HERE!
- Cardio: I will be doing cardio 5-6 days a week. This cardio will consist of either running, cycling class, or the elliptical.
- Toning: So lately I have been really trying to tone up my arms. I also am obsessed with squats. My Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred DVD and Women’s Strength Training Book should be coming in the mail this Thursday, which I am super hyped for! Who doesn’t enjoy getting new things?! I’m just a nerd because I get excited for work out items.
- Healthy Eating: This area is the toughest for me to get a grip on. With my insane traveling schedule lately, sometimes its just easier to eat out. But now that I am done being on the road I am going to kick it into high gear with my eating habits. What will help me is tracking my points through Weight Watchers.
Throughout this month I will be posting my progress as well as my healthy diet recipes, so be sure y’all to check back in. Let’s get to kicking some butt and getting healthy!
Morning from Chicago guys!
Check back in later for my Month of December ‘Get Healthy’ plan!
It will be what I’ll be doing for the month of December to get rid of that extra Thanksgiving weight and to prepare myself for the Christmas food frenzy.
And why not get a jump start on those New Years workout resolutions
Photos found via skinnyhealthyperfection.tumblr.com
She has a blog filled with motivational photos!!